Shipping Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Tissue Process Area Lead
Location: ST Paper – Duluth, MN
The Shipping Logistics Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to manage the shipping office; coordinating all outbound shipments.
ST Paper is committed to a high performance, team-based operation accountable for developing and adhering to procedures for safety, quality, environmental protection, customer satisfaction and productivity.
This position will be tasked with loading finished product, managing the warehouse and coordinating movement of products.
Initially, this position may perform a variety of tasks related to asset care and installation of new assets as well as developing training for material handlers. As the mill returns to operation, this position will become responsible for operational duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Report, act and follow up on any safety related issues or concerns.
- Actively participate in the Safety Engagement Process.
- Perform lockouts as needed.
- Process packing and bill of ladings.
- Act as an expert in the shipping and inventory computer programs.
- Coordinate the efforts of the loaders.
- Coordinate with the Shipping, Production Planning & Logistics Lead to:
- Coordinate the activity of truck carriers
- Coordinate truck traffic and yard management
- Provide key information to coordinate grade changes, ensuring orders are fulfilled
- Ensure accurate loading and order fulfillment
- Coordinate on-site shuttling in conjunction with the Fiber Logistics Coordinator
- Manage the shipping office.
- Assign finished product to by locations or dock locations.
- Lead the inventory efforts.
- Move/Shuttle trailers as needed
- Plan and execute day-shift shipping activities to set up the night shift and weekend teams for success.
- Load trucks as needed
- Develop training materials and train material handlers in area processes.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of loading, inventory and shipping processes.
- Lead Mobile equipment PMs, perform basic equipment maintenance and adjustments, schedule maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Ensure effective communication across each shift.
- Perform the duties of Shipping, Production Planning & Logistics Lead as necessary.
- Perform other activities and duties as necessary.
Education, Skills and /or Experience:
- Must demonstrate a dedicated commitment to safety.
- Able to interact effectively with team members, carriers and suppliers.
- Must work and contribute in a collaborative team environment.
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Possess situational leadership skills to direct the team if necessary
- Ability to learn new technical and leadership skills.
- Possess strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- High level of initiative, drive and patience.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products and ability to learn new programs.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
Regularly: Climb ladders, ascend/descend stairs or ramps.
Occasionally: Bend forward at waist, crouch, push, pull twist, drive, handle, reach above the shoulders, reach below shoulders, squat and lift up to 50 pounds.
Frequently: Sit, stand, walk, speak and hear clearly, work with others, use keyboard/calculator and lift up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision: abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Date: July 29, 2022