Summary: Ensures that plant process equipment, maintenance equipment, and rolling stock are kept in safe, reliable, operating condition. Millwrights are expected to repair/replace and install equipment in a safe manner using techniques that ensure the best efficiency and extended life.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works as a member of a team using skills in multiple crafts to accomplish the desired results.
- Provides oversite and instruction to maintenance personnel as necessary.
- Observes and follows all the safety regulations and plant procedures including use of personal protection equipment (PPE) such as fall protection harness, chemical suits, hard hats, safety glasses, face shields, gloves, and other equipment as required to perform job duties safely.
- Possesses good understanding of all equipment in the area to the point of troubleshooting problems which may arise.
- Possesses ability to work with members of maintenance, operations, vendors, and leadership to solve problems and improve operation of the facility.
- Possesses the ability to predict equipment problems before it equipment becomes inoperable using quantitative data and skill from work experience.
- Reads diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
- Operates rigging equipment and dollies to place heavy machinery and parts.
- Fits bearings, aligns gears and shafts, attaches motors, and connects couplings and belts to precise tolerances.
- Aligns and tests equipment and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Performs predictive and operational procedures.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Services and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experienced in maintenance and replacement of centrifugal, positive displacement and pneumatic pumps, hydraulic and osculating cylinders, gearboxes, agitators, conveyors.
- May do some welding and fabrication as well as maintain an inventory of replacement parts.
- Keeps accurate records of materials used and ensures needed parts are ordered through the documentation system.
- Interfaces with purchasing on required spare parts, including specifications and interchangeable parts.
- Ensures work is done safely, in an environmentally sound manner and areas are left free of debris when the job is complete.
- May be assigned to special projects as needed.
Education, Skills and /or Experience
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be able to successfully pass drug and background screen
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- 10 years maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with large pumps, gearboxes, piping and hydraulics
- Ability to read P&ID schematics and blueprints and repair or install as required
- Experienced in multiple crafts such as millwright, electrical, pipe fitting; welding a plus
- Interacts well with customers, employees, and various vendors
- Must work and contribute in a collaborative team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
Occasionally: climb ladders, ascend/descend stairs or ramps while carrying tools. Bend forward at waist, crouch, push, pull, twist, drive, handle, reach above the shoulders, reach below shoulders, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Frequently: sit, stand, walk, speak and hear clearly, work with others, use keyboard/calculator, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision: abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.